as of 13 June 2023
- GoCar is a transportation service as well as other variations subject to changes from time to time, provided by a Service Provider by using a motorized four-wheeled vehicle to take passengers from the pickup location to the User-specified destination.
- Driver Partner is a third party-independent Service Provider that agrees to become Our partner, cooperate with Us with a partnership scheme, and is not Our employees, agents or representatives.
TERMS OF SERVICE
- You must provide complete and accurate information regarding the complete pick-up address and destination specified by the User who will use GoCar Services.
- Passengers are prohibited from carrying items that are prohibited or that are not in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to illegal or dangerous items such as narcotics, illegal drugs or hazardous materials and items that weigh more than the dimensions or capacity of four-wheeled vehicles driven by Driver Partner.
- GoCar service is not a service for sending goods or instant couriers. If You intend to use the service for the purpose of sending goods or instant courier, You can use GoSend or GoBox Service.
- Passengers are responsible for their own safety. Therefore, passengers must wear a seatbelt while traveling using GoCar Services. You understand that You are required to maintain the number of passengers in accordance with the carrying capacity of four-wheeled vehicles driven by Driver Partner. The Driver Partner has the right to reject or cancel Your GoCar Service order if the Driver Partner knows that the number of passengers will exceed the carrying capacity of four-wheeled vehicles.
- Fees of the GoCar Service’s performance (“User Fee”) will be offered and displayed on the Gojek App before You use GoCar Services. You understand and acknowledge that We can change the offer and/or updates the User Fee offered to You from time to time based on factors, including location, time, applicable laws and regulations. If there are other costs incurred during the provision of GoCar Services for You, including but not limited to toll fees and parking fees, then You are fully responsible for these costs and the Driver Partner has the right to request full reimbursement of these other costs of Yours.
- Payment of other fees as referred to in number 2(f) can be made in cash or paid through other payment features available in the Gojek App.
- Goods left behind on the Driver Partner's vehicle are not our responsibility. We do not provide safekeeping services in any form from passengers.
- If the Driver Partner hands over the goods left behind to Us, the User can retrieve goods that are left behind no later than:
- 3 (three) calendar days as of the date of the transaction between the User and the Driver Partner for perishable items, including but not limited to, food and drink; or
- 30 (thirty) calendar days as of the date of the transaction between the User and the Driver Partner for other goods that do not have expiry date, including but not limited to electronic goods and clothes,
- in our nearest office ("Period of Goods Retrieval"). If the goods left behind is not retrieved during the Period of Goods Retrieval, then the passing of the Period of Goods Retrieval is Your express statement that the item has been transferred and handed over to Us and therefore We have the right to, without Your prior consent, take actions that we deem appropriate for the goods (including but not limited to donating, selling, destroying or disposing of the Goods).
- In the event that the item left behind is not Your property, if after the expiration of the Period of Goods Retrieval We understand that the item left behind will not be taken, You are deemed to have wanted the ownership of the goods left behind to us as provided for in this Article. The occurrence of the transfer of goods is Your responsibility and the relationship between You and the owner of the goods left behind.
USER’S REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTY
- You represent and warrant that You know and understand the risk of driving when providing GoCar Services, including but not limited to the possibility of an accident involving passengers and/or Driver Partner.
- In the event of any loss or problems that You experience during the provision of GoCar Service, including due to an accident caused by the Driver Partner's negligence or traffic violation, We may, with Our best efforts, help bring You together with the relevant Driver Partner in seeking solutions for the problem. We do not have any liability for any problems or disputes that arise between You and the Driver Partner, including taking legal action deemed necessary by You or the Service Provider.
- Without prejudice to the provisions of Article 4(c) above, passenger safety is our most priority, and therefore, at Our sole discretion, We are cooperating with the third party insurance provider to provide insurance coverage to all passengers using GoCar Service. For more information on the insurance provided by the third party insurance provider, You can access it through https://www.gojek.com/blog/gocar/asuransi-kecelakaan-gocar/.For your convenience, we are cooperating with a third party insurance provider to provide additional coverage of accident insurance for the passenger during the implementation of GoCar Services. You can choose, based on Your needs and at Your absolute discretion, to opt in this additional coverage of accident insurance. For more information on this additional coverage of accident insurance, you can access it through https://www.gojek.com/blog/gojek/asuransi-perjalanan/.
For the avoidance of doubt, We don’t act as an agent or representative of a third-party insurance service provider and not a party to the insurance agreement between You and the third party insurance provider. If you choose to opt in to procure this additional coverage of accident insurance, then you will have a direct relationship with the third party insurance provider.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can contact us by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com or by telephone to number (021) 5094 1000. All Your correspondence will be recorded and stored for Our records.