GoCar’s Passenger Insurance Claim Guide
We always bring the best experience for you by paying special attention to your comfort while using Gojek services. Gojek runs a variety of innovations which has become solutions to your problems, including security. Since the beginning, Gojek has completed various security initiatives consisting of three pillars; prevention, responsive handling, and protection.
Regarding the protection pillar, one of the main elements that Gojek offers is a guaranteed safe journey in the form of accident insurance protection for drivers and passengers. For GoCar service, Gojek partners with Jasa Raharja in providing this protection. For GoRide service, customers can find out more information on this page: A Complete Guide for GO-RIDE’s Passenger Insurance Claim,
When you are travelling with GoCar, you will automatically get insurance benefits. Premium costs (Mandatory contributions) are included in the cost of the trip you pay. To find out more information about GoCar’s insurance protection, click the link below:
- What benefits and coverage value do I get from insurance?
- Who is covered by this insurance?
- How do I submit a claim?
- What documents are needed for a claim?
- Is there any deadline for submitting a claim?
- How long does it take to process a claim?
- Insurance Claim Exclusions
- Who should I contact when I need further assistance?
What benefits and coverage value can I get from this insurance?
The amount of benefit and the value of coverage in accordance with the Regulation of the Minister of Finance of the Republic of Indonesia Number: KEP.15 / PMK.010 / 2017 dated February 13, 2017:
Death by accident
Permanent Disability (Maximum)
Medical expenses (Maximum)
Burial Reimbursement Cost (Does not have an heir)
Additional Benefits of First Aid Costs Reimbursement
Additional Benefits of Ambulance Fee Reimbursement
Who is covered by this insurance?
The eligible parties for this insurance are:
- Passengers who are in the vehicle
- Four (4) passengers who are in GoCar and up to six (6) passengers for GoCar L
- Driver partner. Detailed information for driver-partners can be clicked here
- Third parties outside the vehicle who is involved in the accident
How do I submit a claim?
There are two ways of submitting your claim:
- Claim through Jasa Raharja’s official channel:
- You can contact Jasa Raharja at Call Center number 1500020, SMS Center 081210500500
- Jasa Raharja will direct your report to official reporting channels, including the JRku smart gadget-based application, Jasa Raharja Website, or go directly to the nearest Jasa Raharja branch
- Jasa Raharja will record the accident report
- Service Officer at Jasa Raharja will contact the Gojek to verify the data
- Direct claim to Gojek Customer Service
- You can also report accidents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide information which includes name, telephone number, police number, and location of the accident. By submitting this data, you will get a ticket number.
- The SOS Team will escalate the report to Incident Response Team (IRT) and verify it according to the internal SOP
- The IRT team will coordinate with Jasa Raharja by phone and / or email
What documents are needed to submit a claim?
These are the list of documents or proof that you need to prepare before submitting an insurance claim:
- Police Report which stated the accident (Surat bukti Laporan Polisi)
- Copies of medical resumes and/or health information forms filled out and signed by doctors who are assigned to treat the victims at the hospital
- Medical bill/payment receipt
- For claiming ambulance fee reimbursement from the scene of the accident to the hospital, you need to prepare the transportation cost receipt and a patient acceptance form that contains information about the victim's condition, the transportation used, and the hospital receiving
- For inpatient medical expense claim, you need to prepare:
- A power of attorney letter from the victim to the hospital
- The billing cover letter contains information on the victim's name, treatment period, bill amount, and guarantee letter number from JR
- If the victim dies, supporting documents for inheritance needs to be prepared, as well as a death certificate
- If the victim has permanent disabilities, prepare a disability document from the doctor who treats the victim
Is there a deadline for filing a claim?
Jasa Raharja may reject the request for an insurance claim from the victim/heir if the request exceeds 6 (six) month deadline since the accident occurred (Article 16 and Article 18 paragraph (1) a Government Regulation No. 17/1965).
How long does it take to process a claim?
- The claim settlement process (for either injured or death) until payment can be completed in a maximum of 1 (one) hour since the submission of complete documents/documents.
- In the case of filing death by accident claim, then the maximum completion of claim is 4 (four) days from the date of the accident.
- In the case of injured victims who have been guaranteed hospital bill, the completion of claim is 7 (seven) days maximum after the hospital sends the bill.
Insurance Claim Exclusions
Based on Government Regulation (PP) 13 No. 17/1965 concerning Provisions for Implementation of Passenger Accident Compulsory Coverage Funds, your insurance claim becomes invalid or rejected if:
- If the victim has received a Mandatory Contribution guarantee under Law 34/1964 (unable to make a double claim)
- Suicide, attempted suicide / other intentions on the part of the victim, including the consequences arising from the murder, attempted murder, hijacking, robbery, and the like are also not covered by Jasa Raharja
- Accidents due to victims drunk/unconscious, committing criminal acts, or accidents arising because victims have physical/mental disabilities
- Accidents that are not related to the risk of modern traffic or accidents due to the use of vehicles outside their function as public transportation, such as:
- street race
- an accident during natural disasters
- accidents due to war, occupation, civil war, rebellion, riots, strikes, terrorism, political turmoil / other chaos
- accident due to weapons of war
- accident due to acts ordered by the TNI.
- If the request for compensation claims has passed the 6-month deadline
Who should I contact when I need further assistance?
You can contact the Call Center 1500020, SMS Center 081210500500 or all Jasa Raharja offices nationwide.
The presence of Jasa Raharja's protection is Gojek's long-term commitment to providing security and comfort for GoCar's loyal customers. Through this protection, customers can minimize the risks that occur on the highway.
So, take it easy! We are ready to provide complete protection so you can continue to use the Gojek service in peace. Don’t forget to share this information with friends, family members, colleagues and those in need.