SafeTrip+ is ready to keep you safe while driving!
Here at Gojek, your safety and comfort during trips are our top priorities. For this reason, we always innovate to improve our services, so that you have the best experience when using Gojek. As an effort to ensure that you are more protected, Gojek presents SafeTrip+ for those of you who want to add extra protection on your trip.
If previously on every trip using GoRide/GoCar you have received accident insurance protection without additional costs which are intended for driver and passenger partners automatically, now you can add extra trip protection through this SafeTrip+. Click here to: File a Claim
In collaboration with Prodigi and Simas Jiwa Insurance, Gojek provides protection benefits in the form of SafeTrip+. so that your trip is always safe from the pick-up point to your destination. The SafeTrip+ fee is inclusive of insurance premium in accordance with SafeTrip+'s Product Information
Only by paying an additional fee of IDR 1,000, you can get the benefits of SafeTrip+ protection which includes the sum insured:
- Medical fee: IDR 7,000,000
- Permanent disability: IDR 350,000,000
- Death due to accident: IDR 350,000,000
Activating SafeTrip+ is easy. You can add the option to join SafeTrip+ directly through the Gojek application before you place a GoCar/GoRide order. Here's how:
Once you have activated SafeTrip+, this additional fee will be automatically added to your trip costs for as long as you wish. You can also disable this additional fee from the Gojek application buy clicking Safetrip+ before you confirm your order and click deactivate.
The following are complete information about SafeTrip+ from Simas Life Insurance . Click on the links below to view specific sections of this article firsthand:
- What is SafeTrip+?
- What benefits and coverage do I get from SafeTrip+?
- When does coverage start and how long is the insurance provided?
- What is included in the exclusion of benefits?
- What are the requirements to be able to apply for this insurance?
- How do I file a claim?
- What documents are required for filing a claim?
- Is there a time limit for submitting a claim?
What is SafeTrip+?
SafeTrip+ is a form of collaboration between Gojek and Simas Jiwa Insurance and Prodigi that provides protection benefits for you while travelling using GoRide/GoCar services, by only paying an additional fee of IDR 1,000 for one trip. Where the SafeTrip+ fee is inclusive of insurance premium in accordance with SafeTrip+'s Product Information
This protection benefit covers the event of death due to an accident, permanent disability due to an accident, and costs incurred due to accidental treatment during the insurance period.
What benefits and coverage do I get from SafeTrip+?
The following are the details of the benefits and the sum insured obtained:
Medical expenses due to accidents
SafeTrip+ benefit will be provided to cover all medical expenses/treatments at the hospital, if you have an accident in which within 90 (ninety) days of the accident causing you to suffer an injury that requires treatment by a doctor or is hospitalized. This coverage can reach up to IDR 7,000,000 per incident.
SafeTrip+ benefit will be given, if you have an accident that causes the loss of one of your limbs, are unable to function again, and has been declared permanently disabled by a doctor. This insured value can reach IDR 350,000,000 with the following information:
- Complete Permanent Disability. In the case of a complete loss of functions for both hands, two feet, both eyes, one hand and one foot, one hand and one eye, one leg and one eye, the Insurer will pay an insurance benefit of 100% of the sum insured and then the Insured will pay for permanent disability complete/partially ends.
- Partial Permanent Disability. The Insurer will pay a certain percentage of the Sum Insured to the Insured for losing functions of:
- Right arm starting from shoulder: 70% (seventy percent) Sum Insured
- Left arm starting from shoulder: 56% (fifty six percent) Sum Insured
- III.Right hand starting from elbow: 65% (sixty five percent) Sum Insured
- Left hand starting from elbow: 52% (fifty two percent) Sum Insured
- Right hand starting from wrist: 60% (sixty percent) Sum Insured
- Left hand starting from wrist: 50% (fifty percent) Sum Insured
- VII.One eyesight: 50% (fifty percent) Sum Insured
- VIII.Hearing of both ears: 50% (fifty percent) Sum Assured
- One ear hearing: 15% (fifteen percent) Sum Insured
- One leg: 50% (fifty percent) Sum Insured
- Right thumb: 25% (twenty five percent) Sum Insured
- Left thumb: 20% (twenty percent) Sum Insured
- Right index finger: 15% (fifteen percent) Sum Insured
- Left index finger: 12% (twelve percent) Sum Insured
- Right little finger: 12% (twelve percent) Sum Insured
- Left little finger: 7% (seven percent) Sum Insured
- Right middle finger or ring finger: 6% (six percent) Sum Insured
- Middle finger or left ring finger: 5% (five percent) Sum Insured
- For those who are left-handed, the statement "right" is read "left" and vice versa.
- In the event of partial loss of one of the members of the body as mentioned above, the guaranteed payment must be reduced proportionally, while in the case of the loss of two or more parts of the body together, the security payment may not exceed 100% (one hundred percent) of the Sum Insured.
- If the payment of partial permanent disability benefits has reached 100% (one hundred percent) of the Sum Insured, then the Insurance for permanent disability completely / partially ends.
- Reimbursement of all medical expenses/hospital care, if the insured experiences an accident and within 90 (ninety) days after the accident results in the insured being injured as well as requiring treatment by a doctor or hospitalized, up to a maximum limit of 2% (two percent) of the Sum Insured.
The accidental death benefit is given as coverage due to a traffic accident in one incident of IDR 350,000,000 per incident.
When does coverage start and how long is the insurance provided?
SafeTrip+ starts when you begin a trip using GoRide/GoCar services. Meanwhile, the SafeTrip+ period is calculated as you as the insured party are travelling using GoRide/GoCar, or per trip.
What is included in the exclusion of benefits?
The Insurer is not obliged to pay the Sum Assured if the Insured dies due to an Accident, suffers permanent disability due to an accident, or undergoes treatment/care due to an accident due to the following reasons:
- Being under the influence or being caused (temporarily or otherwise) by alcohol, drugs, mental illness, or other mental illness (including manifestations of a psychiatric or psychosomatic disorder).
- Deliberately encountering or entering dangers where there is no need (except in trying to save lives).
- Any form of committing suicide or attempted suicide.
- Engage or participate in flights other than commercial passenger aircraft with regular flight schedules.
- Car or motorcycle racing, winter sports (skiing and the like), mountain climbing, obstacle horse racing, air sports (parachuting and the like) as well as any other activities or jobs that involve direct hazards.
- Pregnancy, abortion, or childbirth.
- Poisoning from food or drink or inhalation or ingestion of chemical elements or substances.
- War, terrorist, Strike, Riot, Civil Commotion (SRCC), piracy, kidnapping and injury or death while carrying out military duties.
- Deliberate criminal or unlawful acts by the Policy Holder.
- Activities or work of a hazardous nature, or work related to heavy or dangerous machinery, for example: Military duties currently being carried out by the Insured, workers in shipyards, workers in mining, operators of fighter aircraft, lorries, warehousing workers, people whose work is directly related to the drilling process, underground construction or in mineral refining, people who are directly related to underwater construction, or working in seafront areas, divers or submariners or boat drivers, people who are directly related to oil and gas drilling earth, its production and refining, people who work in industrial areas, people whose work is directly related to bullets or other explosives, professional sports athletes, cabin employees of airlines on duty or on flight hours, sailors on navigational tasks.
What are the requirements to be able to apply for this insurance?
The allowed age entry is:
- Minimum: 6 months
- Maximum: 90 years old
Age is calculated when the prospective Insured is declared to be accepted as the Insured, if the Insured's age is x years y months, then:
- The age of the Insured is x years if y < 6 (six) months.
- The age of the Insured is x+1 years if y 6 (six) months.
Determination of the Insured's Age is the closest Insured's Birthday.
And if the insured is different from the Gojek account holder/Policy Holder, then the Insured must be in the same 1 Family Card as the Gojek account holder/Policy Holder.
How do I file a claim?
When you submit a claim, all evidence of the incident and required documents such as booking number, photo of identity card (KTP), medical resume, receipt or proof of original hospital fees, accident report from the Police or Police Official Report (BAP), and other documents are submitted in the form of a soft copy (photo) and sent via an online form at the time of filing a claim.
You can submit a claim via Prodigi Claim Portal with the following link: [link]
After you fill out the claim form on the website, Prodigi or Simas Jiwa Insurance as the insurance provider will contact you to ask for answers to several questions related to the events experienced to ensure the completeness of the information (such as what, who, why, when, where and how the chronology of events).
What documents are required for filing a claim?
Below are the complete documents or supporting evidence for each incident that you need to prepare before submitting an insurance claim:
Medication/treatment due to an Accident:
- Photocopy of Policy;
- Photocopy of proof of identity of the Insured (ID Card / Passport / Birth Certificate / Driving License) which is still valid;
- Medical certificate;
- A doctor's or hospital's report regarding surgery or treatment for the Insured person;
- Medical documents in the form of laboratory examination results as well as results of X rays and/or CT scans and/or MRI and/or USG;
- Other documents deemed necessary.
- Photocopy of Policy;
- Photocopy of proof of identity of the Insured Insured (ID Card / Passport / Birth Certificate / Driving License) which is still valid;
- A doctor's or hospital's certificate confirming that the Insured is suffering from permanent disability;
- A doctor's or hospital's report regarding surgery or treatment for the disease on the Insured;
- Medical documents in the form of laboratory examination results as well as results of X rays and / or CT scans and/or MRI and/or USG;
- Other documents deemed necessary.
- Death Claim Form issued by the Insurer which has been completely filled original);
- Policy (original);
- Death certificate from the authorized government agency;
- Medical Certificate of Causes of Death from a doctor (if needed);
- Certificate from the Police in the event of unnatural death or accident;
- Results of post mortem et repertum if needed;
- Photocopy of valid proof of identity of the Participant and the designated party, in the form of:
- Family ID Card.
- ID Card / Driving license / Passport / Temporary Stay Permit Card / Domicile Certificate from the urban village.
Is there a time limit for submitting a claim?
The submission of a SafeTrip+ claim related to an accident must be reported a maximum of 90 (ninety) days after the insured dies and suffers from permanent or partial permanent disability. Meanwhile, reports for those undergoing treatment/treatment at the hospital must be sent a maximum of 45 (forty-five) days after the insured leaves treatment/treatment.
At Gojek, your safety and protection as a passenger are our top priorities. Along with procuring reliable insurance facilities that can protect you from the risk of accidents, we also continue striving to provide training for driver partners. We provide complete protection so you can drive without feeling anxious. Always be careful on the road and have a safe ride with GoRide or GoCar.
If there is a complaint, the policyholder can submit it to email firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com. Or via call center to Prodigi 021-4243857 dan Sinarmas 021-28547999.