GoPay Money Back Guarantee for GoPay & PayLater Balance
As part of the #AmanBersamaGojek user safety campaign, we are very excited to introduce the GoPay Money Back Guarantee program - an initiative to offer worry-free transactions for Gojek & GoPay users. Check out the video below!
GoPay Money Back Guarantee FAQ
- What is covered?
- What cases are guaranteed?
- Who is guaranteed?
- How to process a claim?
- Limitations and exclusions
What is covered?
The program covers fund loss from your GoPay and PayLater balance due to circumstances outside of your control. The safety of your account is also your responsibility, so please remember to keep your Gojek account secured by setting up a PIN, not sharing OTP, and reporting any suspicious activities related to your account. For more information on how to keep your account safe, please click here.
What cases are guaranteed?
Your GoPay / PayLater Balance will be refunded should there be any fund loss due to the following:
- Brute Force Attack: Balance loss as a result of unauthorized login attempts that lead to Gojek / GoPay account take-over and unauthorized transaction(s);
- Phone Loss: Balance loss as a result of unauthorized transaction(s) after the loss of your mobile device connected to your Gojek / GoPay account;
- Order not delivered: If you have paid for your transaction using GoPay / PayLater balance, but your order is not delivered.
Who is guaranteed?
GoPay Money Back Guarantee is only eligible for: verified GoPay users, also known as GoPay Plus, Upgraded GoPay Account.
- GoPay users who have successfully upgraded/verified their GoPay account through a Know-Your-Customer (KYC) verification using a valid ID prior to the occurrence of the guaranteed cases;
- GoPay users who have activated their PIN code to authenticate GoPay transactions prior to the occurrence of the guaranteed cases; and
- GoPay users who have not processed a successful claim of GoPay Money Back Guarantee within the last 6 months.
How to process a claim?
- If you experience any of the aforementioned cases, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021-50849000 immediately. We will block the access to your GoPay/PayLater account to prevent further abuse of your account;
- If your claim is over Rp1.000.000, you need to send the police report within the specified time as a proof of the fund loss. For loss of a mobile device, you will be required to attach: valid and detailed proof of phone loss, the phone number associated with the account, Gojek’s order number, valid identification (ie. KTP). GoPay has the right to not process your claim if the supporting information or valid evidence is deemed to be insufficient;
- If your claim is approved, the corresponding GoPay / PayLater balance will be refunded. PayLater balance will be refunded as a PayLater credit;
- You can also process the claim directly through the app:
Limitations and exclusions
- The claim must be submitted no later than 60 days after the date of the eligible cases mentioned above;
- The required documentation should be sent by these specific time:
- If your claim over Rp1.000.000 you should send the required document in 30 days after receiving answer from our customer service;
- If your claim up to Rp1.000.000 you should send the required document in 7 days after receiving answer from our customer service.
- Claim exception. Your claim is not valid if:
- User fails to produce sufficient supporting evidence and/or required documents related to the case;
- Fund loss is a result of consumer negligence with regard to Gojek / GoPay account security or scam cases (including but not limited to account misuse as a result of OTP code sharing to a third party and/or making payments outside of the Gojek application) and/or phishing attempts;
- If there is a reasonable belief that the user has an abusive or fraudulent intention that may harm Gojek or its users.
With GoPay Money Back Guarantee, you can use GoPay worry-free. Also, see the terms and conditions in here. Don't forget to always apply J.A.G.A, because your account safety is also your responsibility. Start by verifying your GoPay account by upgrading your account and installing a PIN. Let’s share this information with family, friends, and anyone who needs it!