Upgrade to GoPay plus is rejected
If your GoPay upgrade to GoPay Plus was rejected, you will get a push notification and Inbox message in the Gojek app explaining why your GoPay upgrade to GoPay Plus was rejected.
You can check the reason why your GoPay Plus was rejected by following these steps:
- Choose 'Explore' on GoPay menu on Gojek app homepage
- Click 'Plus' to access the GoPay Plus page and see the reason for rejection (click 'More features' if you can't find it)
The following are some of the reasons why your GoPay upgrade to GoPay Plus could be rejected:
1. The document you uploaded was considered damaged
Please make sure your ID information (Character, signature, and photo) is readable and verifiable. You can use other IDs between eKTP/Passport if there’s any damage on ID you used to upgrade GoPay to GoPay Plus.
2. Your selfie with ID is blurred
You can retake the photo and make sure your selfie while holding ID card is focused and readable.
3. Selfie and ID Photos aren’t fully visible
Please make sure the ID you uploaded is fully visible and the selfie photos isn’t blocked by your ID.
4. Your uploaded photos are not in accordance with our terms
You can upgrade your GoPay to GoPay Plus again by uploading the documents according with our terms such as:
- ID submitted is eKTP for Indonesian Citizen and PASSPORT for foreigner
- Holding the ID while taking selfie photo
- Photo on your ID must be original not tampered
5. eKTP data you used for upgrade does not exist/matched with Dukcapil (Directorate of Population and Civil Registration) database.
The possibility of data discrepancies occurs especially when the data on the eKTP has been changed such as name, address, marital status, photo, and so on.
However, if you’re really sure that the eKTP data that you have submitted for the GoPay upgrade is matched and up-to-date, please report it to us via Gojek Help page by clicking the Contact us* button below then tick the statement that provided in that article. We will help confirm to Dukcapil, and please wait for the process within 5 business days. After that, you can re-check your GoPay upgrade status on the 'Plus' page.
*Contact Us button only accessible when you open this page on your phone/tablet
Another reasons as of why your GoPay upgrade to GoPay Plus was rejected because:
- Your ID or selfie with ID photos are covered with flash
- Your ID and Selfie with ID photos are dark
- You uploaded different ID document with the one you have chosen
- Your ID and selfie with ID aren’t captured directly from your phone
- Your selfie and ID photo is not the same person
- You have exceeded the time limit of using the ID
Now you already know why your GoPay upgrade to GoPay plus was rejected, you can try to upgrade your GoPay to GoPay plus again by following the steps on this here.