Complimentary Group Personal Accident Insurance
Gojek additional personal accident insurance coverages available for SafeTrip+ customers.
Dear Insured Persons,
Your safety when travelling with Gojek is our first priority. Therefore, Gojek has worked with Marsh (A wholly foreign owned insurance brokerage company) and AIG (a leading global insurer) to bring the highest level of protection benefits for you during your journeys.
By opting into SafeTrip+, you will be entitled to personal accident cover under the Gojek Personal Accident Cover Group Insurance Policy (“Group Policy”) held by Go Viet Technology Trading Joint Stock Company and/or Go Car Technology Company Limited, and underwritten by AIG Vietnam Insurance Company Limited.
You acknowledge that SafeTrip+ is not, and shall not be deemed an insurance product. The additional personal accident insurance coverage that you enjoy under SafeTrip+ is a Group Policy underwritten by AIG Vietnam Insurance Company Limited and brokered through Marsh (Vietnam) Ltd. The Group Policy is paid for by Go Viet Technology Trading Joint Stock Company and/or Go Car Technology Company Limited (trading and referred to in these terms and conditions as “Gojek”) as the policyholder.
Frequently asked questions about the additional personal accident insurance coverages available for SafeTrip+ customers.
1/ What benefits can I get with AIG insuranceunder the Group Policy?
2/ How can I claim insurance?
When an accident occurs, please contact Gojek to notify the loss. Gojek will then provide a Claim form for you to provide more information and related documents.
After completing the claim form which includes details of the accident (e.g.: What type of accident? Anyone injured due to the accident? What time did the accident occur? Where and How did the accident take place? etc.), please submit the Claim form together with supporting documents (as listed in Question 3 below) to AIG at this address:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
AIG Vietnam Insurance Company Limited
9/F, Tower 1, Saigon Centre, 65 Le Loi, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: 8428 3914 0065 - Fax : 84 28 - 3914 0067 - Email: email@example.com
3/ What documents do I have to provide in order to claim insurance?
Below is a list of documents or evidence required to be submitted to AIG to prove the accident and loss suffered occurred :
- Trip identification number
- Trip acceptance date and time
- Trip completion time
- Names of Insured Passenger(s)
- Copy of each Insured Passenger’s ID
- Police report of the accident
- Original copy of all medical documents related to the accident (including medical record/book, doctor's referrals and related results, prescriptions, etc.)
- Original official invoices of medical expenses incurred as a result of an accident (Medical invoices, drug & medicine bills, ambulance bills, hospital bills and its detailed statements and other bills if any)
- Hospital Discharge documents and Summary Medical Report showing the injuries suffered due to the accident (in case of inpatient treatment)
For required document details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
4/ How long must I notify an insurance claim?
Claims for accident insurance while making a Gojek trip must be informed to AIG no later than 30 days from the date of the Accident.
5/ How long does it take to process insurance claims?
If AIG accepts to pay the insured sum, it shall make the payment to the Insured Person within fifteen (15) days after the acceptance is delivered by the Company to the Insured Person.
6/ How do I know how far my claim has progressed?
After receiving the claim file from the insured , AIG will send a response to the insured within 7 working days. Don't forget to bookmark the email or star it for easy search.
Alternatively, you can check the status of your claim by contacting AIG's Customer Service Center at 1800 6789 or email email@example.com.
(*) General exclusions:
The Policy shall not apply to any Event which:-
• is consequent on war or warlike activities, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, strike, riot, civil commotion rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or terrorism. The Company shall also not be liable for any claim arising out of or in connection with the Insured Person’s own participation or provocation of any such act or if such act could reasonably have been avoided by the Insured Person.
• any loss, injury, damage, or legal liability suffered or sustained directly or indirectly by an insured person if that insured person is:
- a terrorist;
- a member of a terrorist organization;
- a narcotics trafficker; or
- a purveyor of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.
• is consequent on an Insured Person driving in or riding in any kind of race other than on foot; or participation in any sports in a professional capacity.
• whilst in any violation or attempted violation of the law or resistance to arrest;
• is consequent on an Insured Person engaging in any of the following occupations/industry activities: Naval, Military or Air Force Service or Operations; Police Force Service or Security Services Operations; Fire Service Department; Divers; Fishermen; Miners or other employees working underground; Working at heights exceeding 30 metres; Loggers; Workers Handling Explosives or Weapons; Asbestos Industry Workers; Construction Workers;
• Any injury, sickness or disease resulting directly or indirectly from, attributed to, or accelerated by;
- The use, release or escape of nuclear materials that directly or indirectly results in nuclear reaction or radiation or radioactive contamination; or
- The dispersal or application of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials; or
- The release of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials;
• is directly or indirectly consequent on an Insured Person engaging in air travel except as a fare-paying passenger in any properly licensed and regular scheduled commercial aircraft;
• results from suicide or attempted suicide or intentional self Injury or from deliberate exposure to exceptional danger (except in an attempt to save human life) or from an Insured Person’s own criminal act, or is sustained whilst an Insured Person is in a state of Insanity;
• in the case of a woman is attributable wholly or in part to childbirth or pregnancy notwithstanding that such event may have been accelerated or induced by Injury;
• is caused directly or indirectly as a consequence of any kind of food poisoning, sexually transmitted disease, bacterial infection, naturally occurring degenerative process, or out of or consequent upon or contributed to by Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or AIDS Related Complex (ARC), howsoever this syndrome has been acquired or may be named;
• is directly or indirectly caused by intoxication, drugs, alcohol or other similar stimulants or insanity by natural causes;
• Assault or murder arising out of or in connection with Insured Person’s own participation or provocation of any such act;
• Complications of surgical procedures or Accidents occurring during surgical or therapeutic procedures;
• Pre-existing conditions;
• If, by virtue of any law or regulation which is applicable to the Company, its parent company or its ultimate controlling entity, at the inception of this Policy or at any time thereafter, providing coverage to the Insured is or would be unlawful because it breaches an applicable embargo or sanction, the Company shall provide no coverage and have no liability whatsoever nor provide any defense to the Insured or make any payment of defense costs or provide any form of security on behalf of the Insured, to the extent that it would be in breach of such embargo or sanction.
We hope that this article provides you with clear information about additional personal accident insurance coverages available for SafeTrip+ customers.
Wishing our Insured Persons safe and happy trips!