Gojek’s Commitment in Ensuring Driver Partners Health for Our Collective Safety
In a challenging situation like today, we will never cease to remind you that your health and safety are our priorities. Thus, we are implementing the J3K (Stay Healthy, Hygienic and Protected) protocol to ensure various parts of the Gojek ecosystem are as reliable and can operate as safely and as pleasant as possible, from helping you to travel, delivering your food to ensuring your daily needs are fulfilled.
The health and safety of our driver-partners are our priorities and are crucial to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Hence, these are the initiatives that we have taken:
- Provide J3K Safety Centres for Driver Partners
- Regular Sharing of Education Materials for Driver Partners
J3K Safety Centres for Driver Partners
The implementation of J3K Safety Centres is a form of Gojek's ongoing efforts to ensure that driver-partners are always in a healthy condition and their vehicles have been disinfected. Hence the principles of health, hygiene and safety can be maintained to provide the best service to consumers.
Gradually, driver-partners are required to come to J3K Safety Centres that are located in various key cities. As a step to reduce the spread of coronavirus, driver-partners will receive three types of services in this drive-thru centre while also maintaining physical distancing:
Body temperature checking
Driver partner’s temperature will be checked regularly, with a minimum of once a week and will be recorded in the system. This allows us to ensure our driver-partners are all healthy during their duty.
Healthy kit distribution
We are distributing healthy kits every month, where our driver-partners will be given 1 package of healthy kits consisting of mask and hand sanitizer. Previously, millions of masks, vitamins and hand sanitizers have been distributed to hundreds of thousands of driver-partners in 90 cities across Indonesia.
Every time a driver-partner visits the J3K Safety Centres,their vehicle will be sprayed with disinfectant.
J3K Safety Centres operate in more than 170 points across key cities in Indonesia. The centre is operated by trained staff, including our own driver-partners who are active in the communities. This opportunity allows them to expand their services and enable them to gain extra income.
Currently, information on driver-partners’ body temperature check and vehicle disinfection can be seen in the driver's profile that appears after ordering GoRide/GoCar service (depending on the policy of each region), GoSend and GoFood.
Regular Sharing of Education to Gojek Driver Partners
In addition to providing J3K Safety Centres, we also regularly share advice and education to our driver-partners to maintain their health and safety, including:
- Reminder to driver-partners to get enough rest when they are feeling unwell.
- Urge driver-partners to implement clean and healthy lifestyle, such as by washing hands with soap for 20 seconds and use hand sanitizers and mask while on duty
- Ask driver-partners to use clean clothes and attributes. We mandate driver-partners to wear gloves to avoid direct physical contact with customers and clean their helmets using disinfectant every time they use it.
- Urge driver-partners to maintain the hygiene of their vehicles, especially in areas that are often exposed to physical contact with other individuals. Some of these areas include;
- motorcycle handgrip, handbrake, seat, rear seat grip, and other areas for GoRide.
- steering wheel, car door handles and passenger seat for GoCar.
- Urge driver-partners to be more careful when picking up and dropping off customers by:
- reducing physical contact with customers during the delivery process.
- reducing conversations with customers as a precaution.
Gojek’s efforts in prioritising health and safety not only cover driver-partners’ well being but also our customers. Previously, Gojek had launched ‘J3K Safety Zone' in customers' shelters and pickup points, located in strategic areas like bus stations, airports and train stations. In GoFood, GoShop and GoMart services, Gojek has enabled contactless delivery service.
We hope our proactive efforts will help all levels of society to adapt to the current situation. By implementing the J3K protocol together, #ThereIsAlwaysAWay to make life safer and more enjoyable.
Note:The contents of this blog article can be changed at any time in accordance with the conditions and applicable rules.