Gojek’s Commitment in Ensuring Driver Partners Health to Keep Each Other Safe
In a challenging situation like today, we will never cease to remind you that your health and safety are our priorities. Thus, we always try to ensure that every part of the Gojek ecosystem operates as safely as possible, from helping you to travel when urgently needed, delivering your food to ensuring your daily needs are fulfilled.
The health and safety of our driver-partners are our priorities and are crucial to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Hence, these are the initiatives that we have taken:
- Provide Aman Bersama Gojek(Safe with Gojek) Spots for Driver Partners
- Regular Sharing of Education Materials for Driver Partners
Aman Bersama Gojek (Safe with Gojek) Spots for Driver Partners
The implementation of Aman Bersama Gojek Spots is a form of Gojek's ongoing efforts to ensure that driver-partners, as well as their vehicles, are always in a healthy, clean and good condition. So we can maintain the collective health and safety to meet the consumers’ needs.
Driver-partners are invited via the driver app to visit the Aman Bersama Gojek Spots. While keeping the physical distancing principles, driver-partners will be given three kinds of service as preventive measures of COVID-19 in this drive-thru post:
Body temperature checking
Driver partner’s temperature will be checked routinely, with a minimum of once a week and will be recorded in the system. This allows us to ensure our driver-partners are all healthy during their duty.
Healthy kit distribution
We are distributing healthy kits every month, where our driver-partners will be given 1 package of healthy kits consisting of mask, vitamin and hand sanitizer. Previously, millions of masks, vitamins and hand sanitizers have been distributed to hundreds of thousands of driver-partners in 90 cities across Indonesia.
Every time a driver-partner visits the Aman Bersama Gojek Spots,their vehicle will be sprayed with disinfectant.
There are more than 130 Aman Bersama Gojek Spots being implemented gradually in 16 cities across Indonesia such as Jabodetabek, Medan, Bandung, Semarang, Surabaya, Makassar, Padang, Pekanbaru, Batam, Palembang, Bandar Lampung, Solo, Yogyakarta, Malang, Bali, and Manado. The spot is operated by trained staff, including our own driver-partners who are active in the communities. This opportunity allows them to expand their services and enable them to gain extra income.
Regular Sharing of Education to Gojek Driver Partners
In addition to providing Aman Bersama Gojek Spots, we also regularly share advice and education to our driver-partners to maintain their health and safety, including:
- Reminder to driver-partners to get enough rest when they are feeling unwell.
- Urge driver-partners to implement clean and healthy lifestyle,such as by washing hands with soap for 20 seconds and use hand sanitizers and mask while on duty
- Ask driver-partners to use clean clothes and attributes. We urge driver-partners to wear gloves to avoid direct physical contact with customers and clean their helmets using disinfectant every time time they use it.
- Urge driver-partners to maintain the hygiene of their vehicles, especially in areas that are often exposed to physical contact with other individuals. Some of these areas include;
- motorcycle handgrip, handbrake, seat, rear seat grip, and other areas for GoRide.
- steering wheels and passenger seat for GoCar.
- Urge driver-partners to be more careful when picking up and dropping off customers by:
- reducing physical contact with customers during the delivery process.
- reducing conversations with customers as a precaution.
Gojek’s efforts in prioritising health and safety not only cover driver-partners’ well being but also our customers. Previously, Gojek had launched ‘COVID-19 Preventions point’ in customers' shelters and pickup points, located in strategic areas like bus stations, airports and train stations. In GoFood, GoShop and GoMart services, Gojek has enabled contactless delivery service.
We hope our proactive efforts will help all levels of the society in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and to provide the best service for you and our driver-partners.