Terms and Conditions
as of 3 January 2023
Goods are goods that will be sent by the sender to the recipient using the services of a Driver Partner through GoBox.
GoBox is a Goods delivery service, provided by Driver Partner by using four-wheeled or more motorized vehicles to deliver Goods from the pickup location of the sender of Goods to the recipient's User-specified destination location.
Driver Partner is a third party-independent Service Provider that agrees to become Our partner that cooperate with Us with a partnership scheme, and is not Our employees, agents or representatives.
TERMS OF SERVICE
- You are required to provide complete and accurate information regarding the type of vehicle of the Driver Partner to transport the Goods, the complete address of the pickup of the Goods, the destination of the recipient of the Goods and the type of Goods to be delivered by writing the details of the item (e.g., item name, item weight, and type of goods) in the Goods description field provided. You are also required to fill out information regarding the sender's telephone number and the recipient's telephone number, and may provide special instructions on the delivery of Goods.
- Should You deem necessary, subject to Your own assessment in accordance with the details of the Goods, You can do packaging on the Goods so that the Goods sent by the Driver Partner are not damaged during the trip.
- We do not provide loading and transport assistive equipment such as dollies, pallets, vertical transfer equipment, and other similar equipment. The User or the sender is responsible for providing such equipment if needed.
- If deemed necessary, User can request additional personnel to assist with loading and transport at additional costs that will be calculated into the User Fee.
- Fees of the GoBox Service’s performance (“User Fee”) will be displayed on the Gojek App before you use GoBox Services. You understand and acknowledge that We can change the offer and/or update the User Fee offered from time to time based on certain factors, including location, time, and applicable laws and regulations. If there are other costs incurred during the provision of GoBox Service for You, including but not limited to toll fees and parking fees, then You are fully responsible for these costs and the Driver Partner has the right to request reimbursement of these other costs to You.
- Payment of other fees as referred to in number 2(e) and 2(f) can be made in cash or paid through other payment features available in the Gojek App.
DAMAGED, DEFECTIVE, LOST GOODS AND PROVISIONS ABOUT INDEMNITY FOR GOBOX SERVICES
For the purpose of filing a complaint with regards to lost or damaged Goods, the User is obliged to prepare and send all required documents to GoBox and/or the insurance provider. The required documents can be seen on information page related to GoBox Insurance at https://www.gojek.com/blog/gobox/asuransi-gobox.
We cooperate with a third-party insurance provider to provide insurance for Your Goods that are damaged or lost within the course of Your use of GoBox Services. If You decide to insure Your Goods, please choose the value of insurance coverage with the insurance premium price according to Your needs under the 'Insurance' menu on the GoBox Service booking page.
For the avoidance of doubt, We don’t act as an agent or representative of the third-party insurance service provider and not a party to the insurance agreement for the Goods transported between You and the third party insurance provider.
For any claim of items loss or damage, you will be charged 2.5% of the applicable coverage value (which takes into account the Good’s depreciation value).
TYPES OF GOODS THAT CANNOT BE SENT USING GOBOX SERVICESWhen a User uses GoBox Services, the User is obliged to ensure that the Goods delivered are not categorized as the goods that cannot be delivered using GoBox Services, including:
- Restricted Goods, including but not limited to:
- Money (cash, coins, foreign currency);
- Narcotics, marijuana, morphine, and other products that cause addiction;
- Pornography in any form;
- Delivery that requires a longer duration than the required transit time;
- Living animals and plants;
- Easily damaged groceries and beverages that require refrigeration or a controlled environment;
- Explosives, firearms, weapons, and parts thereof;
- Gambling device and lottery ticket;
- Government-controlled goods;
- Goods resulting from crime, for example stolen goods and so on; and/or
- Other goods which are prohibited by applicable laws and regulations;
- Extraordinary Goods, including but not limited to:
- Artworks, including works made or done using creative skills, sense or talents for sale, exhibited or collected, including, but not limited to items (and parts thereof) such as paintings, drawings, vases, rugs;
- Films, photographic images, including negative photography, chromes photography, photography slides;
- Commodities that are naturally very vulnerable to damage, or highly variable market values, or difficult to ascertain;
- Antiques, commodities that show the style or fashion of a past era whose history, age or scarcity contributes to its value. These items include but are not limited to, furniture, tableware, glasses, and collectibles such as coins, stamps;
- Glassware in the form of jewelry, including costume jewelry, watches and parts thereof, gemstones or stones (noble or semiprecious) industrial diamonds and jewelry made of precious metal;
- Animal hair, including but not limited to fur clothing, clothing with trimming and furry skin;
- Precious Metals, including but not limited to gold and silver bars or powder, deposits or platinum (except as an integral part of electronic machinery);
- Digital goods and / or intangible goods containing the conversion of refill units that have economic value, such as electric pulse vouchers, electric game vouchers, electric tokens;
- Stamps, excise on liquor, stamp duty;
- Blood stock: and/or
- Gold Coins (must be packaged with coin headers or Safe-T Mailers and must be kept from touching one another or wrapped in layered material).
- Valuable Documents, including but not limited to:
- Land Ownership Certificate and/or Right of Land Ownership Certificate (SHM) and Building Exploitation Permit (HGB);
- Proof of Motor Vehicle Ownership (BPKB), Graduation Certificate, Passport; and/or
- Other Bank Deposit Bond Certificates defined by us as Valuable Documents.
- Goods which (weight and volume) exceed the vehicle's carrying capacity as stipulated in the GoBox Service in the Gojek App and/or the applicable laws.
- Restricted Goods, including but not limited to:
- The User agrees that undelivered Goods, for the reason that the recipient cannot be found at the recipient's address, are not our responsibility. We do not provide depository services for goods in any form for the User or the recipients.
- In the event of undelivered Goods due to the recipient not being found at the recipient's address, the Driver Partner will deliver such Good back to the sender’s address.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the User will not be charged for the redelivery of Goods from the recipient’s address to the sender due to the recipient not being found at the recipient’s address.
USER’S REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTY
- You represent and warrant that You know and understand the risks of sending Goods using GoBox Services and: a. if You are the sender of Goods, You are the person authorized to deliver Goods and b. if You are the recipient of the Goods, you are the person authorized to receive the Goods.
- In the event that loss or problems occurred when You experience during the provision of GoBox Service, including due to an accident caused by the Driver Partner's negligence or traffic violation, We will, with Our best efforts, help bring You together with the relevant Driver Partner in seeking solutions for the problem. We do not have any responsibility for any problems or disputes that arise between You and the Driver Partner, including taking legal action deemed necessary by You or the Driver Partner.